Sunday 8 November 2009

The Foot Grater

Well I had just sat down to watch a nice few episodes of family guy when I really wierd advert caught my eye which I just had to tell all of you lovely people about. We've all seen those strange adverts such as the recent 'Up your viva' advert with features two remarkabley ugly people shouting 'Up your viva' at each other down a phone... What a lovely way to spend a saturday. We've also probably all seen the sort of adverts that just want you to spend seven monthly instalments of only 19.95, yes thats only 19.95 act now and recieve your free useless gimic with a retail value of 20:95! Yes thats only 19.95! Can you believe it 19.95... ORDER NOW!

Well this advert was one of those, the first image was of a perfectly sensored naked lady rubbing her foot with a small white oval, then a deep voice boomed out above the sound of flesh being scraped from bone and said "Order your foot gratter today!" Yes, this device was an oval cheese gratter to be used on your feet. Finally something for the man that doesn't wash and whos shoe size has increased by 5 due to all of the cheese stuck to his foot! I can't belive they didn't think of it sooner! If I order it now I can recieve a free arm aputation kit! And its only 1999.95 plus 2134.89 postage and packing and a completely volentary 65.11 tip! So I got up walked over to the phone to order the miracle that I could use to harvest edible substanced from the soles of my feet and the lady on the other end said in her haggard, obviously tired of life voice "Hello, this is the dry skin remover egg hotline, how may I help you?" I was wondering what this dry skin remover was, but I had to act fast while stocks last so I cut to the chase and asked the lady if she had any foot cheese removers left, she said there was no such thing so I explained the advert to her and she told me that it was used to get old dry skin from your feet, not delicous cheese... So I slammed down the phone in outrage, damn false advertising...

If you've seen any stupid adverts on tv, the radio, websites, on the sides of buses or in a game please leave a comment, and as always, Have a great day!

1 comment: